During the winter semester of 1984/1985, at the University of Karlsruhe, Prof. Dr. Michael Bartsch delivered the first academic lecture in Germany on the issue of contractual structures in the IT industry, and since then has been one of the most prominent IT lawyers in Germany. In the meantime Joachim Dorschel contributes his substantial expertise in the areas of data privacy protection, internet law and compliance.
Our clients include users and manufacturers of IT products as well as IT services providers, ranging from start-up businesses to global enterprises.
In the IT sector the technology develops at a much faster pace than the law. Hence IT law always addresses new technical matters on which traditional law has not yet yielded unequivocal answers. We have substantial experience in dealing with these uncertainties. The best means of reducing risks is a clear-cut contractual structure.
In close cooperation with our partners, we answer specific questions at the interface of areas of law, e.g. the attribution of rights to software produced within an employment relationship, the protection of employee data and questions concerning the law on the temporary provision of workers to other companies.
Our work in the area of IT law is based on extensive expertise that is also contained in numerous publications, speeches and lectures.
- Hardware and software agreements, service agreements and contracts for the provision of services
- Terms and conditions of use and service in the area of cloud computing (SaaS, IaaS, PaaS)
- Sale, rental, leasing, maintenance, service
- Open source software
Guidance for Complex IT Projects
- Legal project controlling
- Assistance in project crisis situations
Data Privacy Protection
- Data protection compliance
- Agreements on data privacy protection
- Analysis and drafting of terms and conditions of use and contractual terms
- Structuring and analysis of websites
- Representation in court proceedings
- Arbitration proceedings