Construction Law and Law Governing Architects
We advise property developers and investors throughout all phases of their projects, starting with the purchase of land, via realization of the project and including the rental or sale of the property. We ensure that the relevant agreements required are well-coordinated with one another. Where conflicts or differences of opinion arise within a project, we deliver advice in the sense of a viable economic realization of the project for the property developer. If necessary, we assert interests in court.
We advise construction companies during contractual negotiations with property developers and with regard to the details of agreements with sub-contractors. We pay particular consideration to debt management and to averting unjustified demands made by sub-contractors.
Architects, project managers and engineers rely on our expertise especially in the areas of the law governing fees and copyright law.
In addition to outstanding legal expertise and strategic know-how, we also have the necessary understanding of technical matters and of the construction business in order to provide legal guidance throughout all phases of complex projects.
- Construction and architects' agreements, especially general planning contracts and general contractor's agreements for technically complex major projects (including GMP and PPP projects)
- Agreements for the sale and utilization of real estate (rental, lease, sale, sale and lease back etc.)
- Demolition and waste disposal contracts for construction and civil engineering projects
We represent and provide guidance to our clients during contractual negotiations, and implement the negotiation results promptly in order to ensure rapid conclusion of the contract.
Construction Advice and Crisis Management
- Where construction delays arise
- Where differences of opinion arise, e.g. concerning project specifications and performance
- Management and aversion of supplements
- Defect management during the construction phase and following completion, processing of major construction damage with involved parties, investors and insurance companies
Litigation; Arbitration Procedures
If court proceedings are unavoidable, we conduct proceedings for the taking of evidence, arbitration proceedings and proceedings before the courts of ordinary jurisdiction throughout Germany. On an international basis we cooperate with specialized law firms on site.